Milford's annual summer celebration, held in late July. The 2012 celebration will be held July 27-29. Check back for updates.
Pioneer Days 2011 will be held July 22, 23 and 24A poster detailing all events will is available if you click here!
For questions concerning this year's Pioneer Days events, contact Mary Dannatt or Chrisy Kaiser.
Sponsors for the 2011 Pioneer Days include:
- Pioneer Level Contributors ($250 or higher): Bank Midwest; Snooks Carpet & Furniture; United Community Bank; Farmers Savings Bank; Cherish Center / Thee Garage Sale; Land Mark Products; Okoboji Tree Specialists; Perkins Restaurant and Bakery; Buy Rite Foods; Spencer Hospital; Casey's General Store; Klaussner Home Furnishings of Iowa; CC Screen Printing; Northwest Bank; Brooks National Golf Club; Liberty Bank
- Scout Level Contributors ($150 or higher): Okoboji GM Toyota; JoWaCo Depot; Milford Cable TV & Internet; Turner Jenness Funeral Home; Dannatt Rentals; Milford Family Care; Lakes Regional Healthcare; Dyno's Convenience Store
- Wrangler Level Contributors ($50 or higher): Coyote Motor Company; Bob Hanson Realty; Dickinson County News; Erpelding, Voigt & Co. LLP CPA; Dawn Powell, Safeguard; Creative Photography; City of Milford, Midwest Satellite & TV; Milford Municipal Utilities; True Value Hardware; Lakes News Shopper; Okoboji View Golf Course; Walmart; The Three Sons; Arnolds Park Amusement Park; Iowa Great Lakes Chamber of Commerce; Rodeway Inn - Okoboji; Body & Soul Salon and Minispa; Quality Massage for Life; Boji Junction Cenex; Indian Hills Golf Club; Grand Falls Casino & Resort; Wild Rose Casino & Resort; The Taco House; Milford Electric II
Thursday, July 21:
- Friends of the Library Book Sale 9:00 am - 3:00 pm at the Milford Community Center
- All Town Garage Sales beginning at 8:00 am (click to download the Garage Sale Map and the Map Cover)
- Bake & Craft Sales
- Bridge & Cribbage Tournaments (Anyone interested in the Bridge Tournament should contact Susan Reiser at 338-2274 for information). Click here for Cribbage Tournament Entry Form.
- Kick, Punt & Pass Contest (contact Andrew at 336-9622 for additional information)
- 750 Free Franks
- Kiddie Parade
- Kid's Little Tractor Pullers Competition
- Kid's Carnival
- Movie in the Park (please note that the park will have been sprayed for insects prior to the showing of the movie!)
- 5K Fun Run 6:45 am sign-in at Buchanan Park; 8:00 am race. Click here for a registration form. Click here for the results of the run.
- All Town Garage Sales beginning at 8:00 am
- Bake & Craft Sales
- Parade featuring "Fling Me a Bing" entry by KTIV. Click here for 2011 Parade Entry Form (and please bring 2 copies!).
- Parade of Homes and Gardens
- Free Watermelon Feed
- Car Cruise-In
- Antique Tractor Pull
- Water Fights
- Bingo (held in the air-conditioned basement of the Catholic Church; elevator available!)
- Pie-eating Contest (contact Chris Hinshaw at 320-0957 if interested in participating)
- All-You-Can-Eat Wing Contest (contact Chris Hinshaw at 320-0957 if interested in participating)
- Beer Garden with music by Starfire
- TRAWL (Tractor Ride Around West Lake)7:00 am registration at Florence Park; 8:00 am leave from Florence Park (Click here for registration form)
- Omelet Breakfast
- Four-person Scramble (contact 338-9898 for additional information)
All-Town garage sale maps will be available at business locations around town. Both the 5K run and TRAWL suggest pre-registration. Additional information will be available as the events near. For additional information, contact Mary Dannatt at 338-4421.
Pioneer Days 2010 was held July 23, 24 and 25
A schedule of events is available -- Click here!
Save time and print off the registration form for the Pioneer Days Parade ahead of time!
Pre-register for the First Annual Pioneer Days Cribbage Classic by July 15th. Click here for the registration form!
Pioneer Days 2009 was held July 24, 25 and 26.
- Further information, and a schedule of events is now available! Click here!
- Save time and print off the registration form for the Pioneer Days Parade ahead of time!
- Planning to enter your child in the Little Tractor Pull? You need to Pre-Register by downloading this form! Return the form to Blue Water Awards at 908 Okoboji Avenue or fax it to them at 712.338.2836. Sorry, no email registrations will be accepted.
- 2009 Pioneer Days t-shirts are available for sale at Buy Rite Foods, Blue Water Awards, Zen Salon and Coyote Motors. They are $12 each and are available in sizes Small through XXXL only. Proceeds from this year's t-shirt sales will be split between the Milford Boy Scout Troup 170 and the Campus Women's Club.