Golf Cart Rules and Regulations in the City of Milford
The city would like to remind those operating golf carts in the city that a permit is needed to do so. To apply for a golf cart permit please stop into city hall or go to the link here https://milford.ia.us/forms-and-document/golf-cart-application/ to complete the form and submit the necessary information.
Please be aware that a permit in Milford does not extend to the City of Arnolds Park or West Okoboji and vice versa.
The code of regulations is below:
- Golf carts cannot be operated on 13th Street, Highway 71, Highway 86 or 28th Street; these streets are for crossing ONLY.
- Golf carts must be equipped with a slow-moving vehicle sign and bicycle safety flag.
- Golf carts can only be operated on City streets from one-half hour after sunrise to one-half hour before sunset.
- Golf carts shall be equipped with adequate brakes.
- The permit to operate the golf cart must be posted in the golf cart during operation.
- Golf carts are only to be operated on City streets from April 1st to October 31st. All permits expire on November 1st of each year.
- Golf carts cannot exceed 10 miles per hour.
- No more than 2 occupants (the driver and one passenger) can be on the golf cart while in operation.
- The golf cart will not be used to tow anything.
- The applicant must inform the City immediately if their driver’s license or insurance coverage is no longer valid. The operation of a golf cart without a valid driver’s license and insurance is prohibited.